All information about segmentation with repeaters, fibre optic and ProfiHubs.
The current trend with PROFIBUS projects is to use segmentation with repeaters, fibre optic and ProfiHubs to bridge the common faults of the end-user concerning his cabling difficulties. ComBricks adds another important element; the creation of modular and random repeater hubs that can be maintained remotely with a permanent internal ProfiTrace.
ComBricks is based on a backplane into which 10 hot swap repeater modules with 2 channels each can be inserted (20 galvanic isolated transparent segments). Every channel can handle 31 devices and maximum 1200 m cable length (depends on the baudrate).
The bus redundancy technology of the repeater modules is very advanced. A redundant system with 10 parallel network cables can be built. This architecture provides extremely high availability. Most suppliers only allow 2 cables.
- Repeaters with permanent ProfiTrace
- Removable drives and motors
- Star, tree and bus structured networks
- Motor control centers (drawers)
- Redundancy for high availability
- EMC vulnerable applications
- Spur line solution
- Isolator for sensitive devices
- Wide range of modules available
- 32 modules (10 high-speed modules)
- ProfiTrace OE for monitoring 4 networks
- Hot swap and extendible
- DIN-rail mounting
- Enhanced RS 485 signal
- 31 devices per segment
- 1200 m cable length (baudrate dependent)
- Transparent to PROFIBUS DP protocols
- 9.6 Kbps - 12 Mbps (automatic detection)
- No address required
- No cascading limit